Monday, October 5, 2009

PLN12

What matters in the article "Footprints in the Digital Age" by Will Richardson, is that he has researched and confirmed what was said in my Digital Footprint essay. He is worried about his kids future just as I am worried about my future. The only thing differnet is that he made a list of ways to stop the problem. He baisicly said that to make sure that your digital footprint has a good influence in the future, you have to post and do good things on the internet. This means that things have to be spell checked, read for good gramar and made to have a good reflection of you. I agree with him, if someone in the future Googles me and the first five things Google comes up with are not good, or even worse, nothing is found; it would send the mesage that I am not technalogicaly savy. Nobody wants a persn who doesn't use the internet, or can't operate a computer past playing solitare. That is why I think there should either be a law that prevents people from using digital footprints to judge you, or a law that sets standards for the internet, and thus eliminating the problem all together. I am more in favor of the first law, because although it is unpractical, it keeps our First Amendment rights intact. I hope that the article by Will Richardson will have more of an affect on people than my digital footprint essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment