Wednesday, September 30, 2009

PLN11

Karl Fisch's video "2020 Vision" intrigued me. Through the video I wondered about how this would affect my future. I soon realized that the video was not just about the class of 2020, but about the world. The fact that Google might accomplish all of those things, and become worth $1.5trillion makes me want to go out and buy Google stock shares. Another interesting thing that caught my eye during the video was that it claimed Obama would still be president in 2018. My question is, did he loose his second race for office or is he to be only the second president in history to take three terms? I then started wondering, if this is all predicted for 2020, who is going to accomplish all of this? I remembered Mr. Fisch's other video "Did You Know" and how it predicted that most of the jobs that will exist for my class, don't exist now. I had finally discovered how this affects me, it is going to be people my age or a little older who do all of these amazing things. Be it the GCam, Gcast, GPanles, the first working quantum computer, iMagine, or eyeMagine(which I think is the coolest of all because it is a computer screen projected on your retina) people my age, maybe even me, will be accomplishing these great technological feet’s. This could be true because my class is to graduate college somewhere between 2017 and 2022. This gives me hope for the future, but I am also saddened that it can not be my class that has a chance to experience all of these things as we grow up and go through high school. Another thing that the video made me think about is my great grandma Polly. My mom and grandma Paula always tell me how she has lived through the age of inventions, she has seen the invention of the T.V., the microwave, a ton of things that we now take for granted today. I started wondering if I was going to be saying the same kind of thing about my parents, or my children about me. All of the wonderful things this video predicts really make a person think about how it will affect them, but that is the story of Americans, always thinking about ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment