Tuesday, October 6, 2009

PLN13

From my own personal experience, I write better and faster when I use pen and paper. Although, now I use the computer more, I am becoming more proficient at creating good writing with the technology. So, I both agree and disagree with the study by the NSBA conducted by Virginia Berninger, because I do write well with a pen, but can do just as well with a keyboard. I know for a fact that my spelling isn’t very good, which is why I prefer the computer because of spell check. Though, when I use pen and paper I write much better essays and paragraphs. For this reason I am going to agree with the study. I do write better with a pen, but I like writing on the computer more. It makes me feel technologically advanced and I enjoy feeling superior to apes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tait. You hit right on the mark there. Which is tool produces a more quality essay? And you say the pen. You're right it's not all about grammar and spelling, but content and quality. Computers definitely are neat and tidy, but I think it's easier to convey thoughts using a pen.

    ReplyDelete