Saturday, October 10, 2009

PLN14

There are several things that matter in the article "Rigor Redefined" by Tony Wagner. Number one is that students today may not be prepared for work in the twenty first century. According to the article the requirements for jobs these days have changed drastically, and students may not be prepared for these new jobs. Number two, is that some teachers aren't doing there jobs correctly or well. Two example of this from the article are the chemistry class, where the boys did something wrong and simply shrugged their shoulders; and the U.S. Government class, where the kid in the front mumbled the answer that no one else could hear and the teacher didn't even give the answer to the rest of the class. I am glad that none of my teachers are like that. All of these facts worry me, because I want to be prepared for my future, and I don’t want end up driving a trash truck. This is why I am so glad I go to Arapahoe. The teachers are good, the environment is great, and I know that they will prepare me the best they can because they want me to succeed. To sum up, students today would be a lot better off if they went to a school like Arapahoe, with great teachers, and basically a promise to prepare you for your future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Danielle, one of your mentors. I agree that it's hard to learn with teachers such as those. Most of the time, teachers like that don't care. If a teacher is very passionate about something, they will make sure you learn and they'll make you care too. Another point to think about is how the rest of society is helping children succeed in the future? This can't be dependent on soley teachers. Teachers can only do so much for a student.

    ReplyDelete