Tuesday, September 15, 2009

PLN7

What matters in the post "This Would Be Really Weird" on the blog 2¢ Worth, by David Warlick, is very similar to what mattered in PLN 2. This blog post is about how women are becoming a larger percent of the work force and losing fewer jobs than men. The statistics that David brought up was that women make up 49.3% of the work force right now (expected to be 50% by November), and that sense December 2007 about 75% of the jobs lost have been held by men, and 25% of them by women. This worries me for the same reasons as PLN 2 did. I am worried that if I don’t do really well in school and go to a great college, I might lose out in the job race to a girl. This is a problem because one, I wont have a job and two, I don’t like losing to girls.

In PLN 2 the article talked about how women are taking more spots in colleges too. I was wondering if that fact directly leads to women having and holding more and more jobs. I want to have the job I want when I’m older, and I want it to be a good job, but if someone else, be they women or man, beats me out for it… well that would just not be good.

I am not saying that women should give up their jobs to men and just go home; everybody deserves a job that isn’t at McDonalds. But this being an all boys L.A. class, I want the guys to start doing better. If this trend keeps up all men will have left is professional sports. But women are even taking over sports, look at Danica Patrick; she is going to be driving NASCAR next year.

The fact that women are taking more and more jobs worries me about my future and what job I will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment