Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PLN 23


What matters in the world today is that Obama just awarded NASA a $6 billion budget increase. The goal, according to Washington reporters, is to create more than 2,500 jobs in Florida. The article also says that Mr. President wants NASA to work on a "heavy lifting" rocket. A design will be decided on in 2015, and the new rocket will be employed to "carry astronauts deeper into space." This matters because he is completely going back on his word. Earlier he had canceled the manned space program, which I disagreed with. I am totally behind this new decision, but there is one problem with it. Our president is going back on his word. He made a decision and is now changing it; I do not believe that this is a good quality for someone who is in command of the most powerful country on Earth. Next he will pull back his healthcare bill, or his foreign policies. For all we know, he could start a war, and half way through decide it was a bad idea. I was never a fan of Obama in the first place, but now I am straight up disappointed. Although I like the idea of continuing manned space exploration, I have lost all confidence in our president. By doing this he is showing that he is inconsistent and is incapable of setting his mind to something. This could eventually be very bad for America, because other, more radical, countries may see this as a sign of weakness and decide to attack us. Presidents in the past may have made bad decisions, but they never turned around and contradicted themselves four months later. Like I said before, I am all for the continuation of manned space flight, but I have lost all confidence in Mr. Obama and I think America made the wrong choice.

4 comments: