Saturday, May 1, 2010

PLN 29

The article, 2txt? Or Nt 2txt by Garrison Keillor talks about how young men have been hurt by texting. He talks about how teenaged men have lost their social skills because of texting and e-mail. Keilor also states that girls have somehow maintained their personal relationship abilities through these tough technological times. I have written before about how IM and txt are removing the personal aspect of relationships, but I disagree with Mr. Keillor. I personally still have the ability to talk to new people and be outgoing; which as Keillor stated, is important when trying to get a job or when working the job. In my own experiences I have found that I am still very capable of holding an intellectual conversation with adults or with new people. Even though I still hold all of the traits that he attributed to this decline in people skills. Such as sending an average of 75 msg. everyday, and having the instinct to "beat other men senseless with clubs and seize the big butt of the wild swine carcass and thereby win the loyalty of the large-breasted, blue-eyed babe." I can talk to my teachers, waiters, girls, other guys, and anybody else you can think of without having much of a problem. The case might not be the same for other guys my age, but I know that I have no problem, and neither do most of my friends. Thus I am forced to disagree with Mr. Keillor, and say that I am just as capable as any girl, of maintaining good people skills while texting constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment